How to Balance your 7 Chakras With Healing Crystals
Have you ever had spells in your life where you feel that something is off, but you can’t quite put your finger on it? There seems to be no medical explanation, but physically you feel drained and low on energy. You struggle with difficultly in thinking straight and know that, despite efforts, you’re not functioning to your full 100%.
Metaphysical teachings across the world examine the subtleties of our energetic health, the important balance that creates equilibrium for our mental and physical wellness. Unexplained symptoms, feelings of numbness or low motivation may be caused by an imbalance in our chakras - our body’s 7 energy centres.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to identify your chakras and retune your energetic health with one of earth’s most powerful natural tools: crystals. Read on to learn how to maintain the harmonious balance that keeps our health, happy and at our optimal wellbeing.
So what are our chakras?
Our seven main chakras are located from the base of the spine all the way up to the crown of our head. Chakras (Sanskrit for wheel) maintain the natural, healthy energy cycles of the body. When functioning properly, they provide the right balance of energy to regulate our physical, emotional and spiritual health. It’s common for chakras to become depleted, over-active or blocked, especially when exposed to modern-day stressors, trauma or lack of self-care.
Working with the vibrational frequency of crystals is one of the ways chakras can be tuned, revitalised and brought back to full health.
How do crystals heal?
Stones and crystals have been used for energetic healing for millennia. But how do these seemingly inanimate objects influence what happens in our bodies? Scientists have long studied the phenomena of crystals, discovering that their metaphysical properties have the ability to generate electrical charge and even store data. Consider how a quartz watch works. A small piece of quartz omits a constant voltage that keeps a watch running with accuracy to the second. The vibrational frequency of crystals can do the same for us. When used correctly, they interact with our bio-magnetic field to restore natural harmony and balance.
How to use crystals for chakra healing
We’ll be looking at which crystals work best with the specific needs of our energy centres and how to perform a healing session on yourself or others. Before we dive in, it’s important to note that the effectiveness of each stone will vary from person to person. Each crystal holds it’s own unique vibration, just as every person does. It’s worth testing out different stones to see which responds best with your body’s subtle energy field. Tip: if you’re still growing your crystal collection, clear quartz is a great energetic amplifier that can be used on all chakras.
SELECTING YOUR CRYSTALS
Located: Base of the spine
Located: Pelvic area (below the navel)
Associated colour: Orange
Energy focus: Creativity, birth, sexuality, desire, emotion
Stones for balancing:
Solar Plexus Chakra
Located: Centre of the chest
Associated colours: Pink, green
Energy focus: Love, compassion, forgiveness, emotional balance, giving & receiving
Stones for balancing:
Third Eye Chakra
Location: Centre of the forehead, above the eyebrows
Associated colours: Indigo, purple
Energy focus: Intuition, spiritual awareness, psychic power
Stones for balancing:
Rainbow Black Kyanite
Chakra Balancing Session with Crystals
What you will need: once you’ve chosen a crystal for each chakra, you’re ready to get started. You can also do a more focussed healing session on one or more chakras. This chakra cleansing meditation involves visualisation and deep concentration, so find a quiet area you are able to lie down, undisturbed.
Prepare for energy receiving
- Before you begin, cleanse your crystals and the space you are using with sacred herbs or palo santo. See our steps for energetic cleansing here (link to cleansing ritual insta post).
- You can also make use of sensory elements to aid deep relaxation: dimmed lighting, spiritual clearing candles, soothing music and diffused essential oils.
- Lie down somewhere comfortable with your legs and arms relaxed on either side of your body. Have your crystals at hand beside you.
- Take a few rounds of deep inhales and exhales to centre the body and relax the mind.
Activate your chakras
- Once you feel you feel settled, begin placing your stones directly over the corresponding chakra area on your body. Note your root chakra crystal should go between your legs, and crown chakra crystal on the ground directly above your head.
- Take your time, and connect with each stone as it makes contact with your body. If one falls off, don’t worry. Simply lay it back in place.
- Close your eyes and begin to visualise each chakra as a glowing wheel of colour (see chakra colours in diagram above). Starting from your root chakra, all the way to the crown.
- After you’ve made connection with your chakras, you can start with the cleansing work. Imagine a ball of white, life force energy slowly travelling up through each of your chakras. As it exits your head imagine it flowing back in through the crown stone. Continue following its circular journey as it passes in and out of all of your chakras.
- If you feel tension or signs of resistance, this is a sign that a chakra may be blocked. Focus more attention on this area, imagining the life force energy ‘washing’ through the chakra until it flows clearly once more.
- You can spend as much time as you need working through the body, we recommend a minimum of at least 15-20 minutes to allow your body to absorb the crystal’s healing energy.
After you have finished, cleanse your crystals by passing them through your sacred herb smoke. Alternatively, you can place them in a bowl of water and sea salt. As with all energetic healing, we recommend performing regular sessions at least once a month to keep your energetic cycles ticking in harmonious synchronicity.
Let us know how you get along!
Sending positive vibrational healing your way,
Coco & Valerie